Vascular Lab & Clinic
Central Louisianas first cardiovascular ultrasound program.
We are also home to the first program in Central Louisiana that aids sonographers in their education of vascular ultrasound. After two years of dedicated vascular ultrasound training, our sonographers challenge the vascular registry. Our success in this program has proven itself with our registrants passing the registry on their first attempt. With registry having a reputation of 50% failure rates, this success validates our program.
The dedicated resource you can count on...
At Louisiana Cardiovascular & Thoracic Institute’s Vascular Diagnostic Lab, our expertise, state-of-the-art technology and service-minded approach encourages physicians throughout the central Louisiana region to refer to us with confidence.
Stacey Perrodin, RVT, RDMS, RDCS, is our technical director. She has over a decade of experience specifically in diagnostics and vascular mapping. Stacey is a registered vascular sonographer and cardiac sonographer. Like each member of our team, she is also dedicated to caring for our patients with warmth, personal attention and compassion.
Taking patient care one step further, Stacy is dedicated to explaining resultss and answering any questions patients may have, stressing to each of them the importance of scheduling a follow-up exam that the physicians order.
Timely information when you need it most.
We understand that when your patient has a potentially serious cardiovascular health problem, time is of the essence. That’s why we make accessibility and service our top priorities. To that end, we offer:
- Quick scheduling, within days after your referral
- Flexible appointment times your patients will appreciate
- Fast turnaround on report of findings – within 24 hours via fax
State-of-the-art technology for enhanced diagnostics.
Our lab is home to the latest in diagnostic ultrasound imaging. We’ve invested in advanced technology that provides premium image quality across grayscale, color Doppler, power Doppler and pulsed Doppler applications. This includes:
- Carotid ultrasound
- Aortic ultrasound
- Arterial ultrasoundPeripheral arterial disease
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Graft surveillance
- Venous ultrasound for the upper and lower extremitiesDeep Vein Thrombosis - DVT
- Venous Reflux
- Post operative EVLT evaluation
- Vein mapping for fistula placement
- Non-invasive arterial studies Ankle Brachial indices
- Segmental Pressures
- Allen's testing
- Screening ServicesCarotid screening for stroke risk
- Aortic screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm
- ABI screening for PVD
- Thyroid for abnormal masses