All wounds must be properly evaluated and classified before a treatment plan can be recommended.
Comprehensive Wound Care Treatment
Amputees, seniors, readmitted patients, diabetics, cardiac patients, cancer survivors, surgical patients, and even veterans are at risk of complications from wounds. As such, become aware, intervene early, and seek advanced wound care at the Louisiana Cardiovascular & Thoracic Institute today.
Our experts provide:
- Full-service wound care, including the most proven and trusted techniques in wound management.
Our wound care center treats:
- Pressure sores
- Surgical wounds
- Radiation sores
- Foot ulcers due to diabetes, poor blood flow or swollen legs
- Diabetic foot sores
- Leg wounds due to poor circulation
- Bed sores
- Traumatic wounds
- Leg swelling
A comprehensive treatment plan may include:
- Wound cleaning and debridement
- Specialized dressings
- Advanced biological tissues
We also offer:
- Pre-operative ostomy site marking and teaching
- Post-operative ostomy care and education
- Hospital discharge follow up for new or revised ostomies
- General ostomy care
SIMPLE PROCESS TO GET STARTED WITH LACVT WOUND CARE CLINIC
with Sherri Berry
During your first visit, your wound care specialist will conduct a thorough diagnostic analysis of your wound, including the cause of the wound and any issues that might be obstructing your healing
Meet with Dr. Jones
LACVT wound care clinic have access to the latest wound care treatments and technologies that may not be available in a primary healthcare facility. Advanced treatments that may be helpful in treating non-healing or complex wounds.
The incorrect treatment of a wound can be potentially catastrophic. For instance, diabetic foot ulcers are the most common cause of diabetes-related amputations—infected or non-healing ulcers can result in the patient losing a foot or the whole lower part of the leg.
Wound care by highly trained health care providers
Types of Wounds Treated
- Pressure Ulcerations
- Venous Stasis Ulcerations
- Diabetic Foot Wounds
- Arterial Ulcerations
- Thermal Injuries
- Surgical / Traumatic Wounds
- Wound Debridement
- Use of Biologics / Skin Substitutes
- Specialized Wound Care Plan
- Digital Wound Management
- Education to Facility Staff
- Use of Artificial Intelligence Modalities
Schedule A Consultation
We’re here to help you heal! If you have a wound that hasn’t healed after 30 days of standard care, or another condition listed above, call +1 (318) 442-0106 to learn how we can help you.